If you are a homeowner looking to invest in security, finding a home security system that offers a combination of affordability and quality is probably one of your main concerns. While there are dozens of options out there, purchasing a system that offers top notch value is always preferred.
The purpose of this review is to take a look at the three home security systems that currently offer the most value to homeowners. Everything from pros and cons to customer reviews will be looked at along the way. Hopefully, after reading this review, you will be in a position to make a more educated decision about which home security system best fits your needs.
Here are the rankings for the three best and most affordable home security systems:
Frontpoint has developed an incredible reputation over the years for delivering straight-forward, no-nonsense home security to their customers. They are among the best in the industry when it comes to both the quality of their security system and the helpfulness of their customer service team.
Here is a look at some of the main pros and cons associated with Frontpoint’s home security system:
- Top notch customer service
- Tremendous value
- Home automation capabilities
- Sophisticated web and mobile app
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Not capable of working through landlines or broadband
- Only a 3-year warranty for equipment (most offer lifetime warranties)
Reasons for Being #1
- Top notch customer service. It has been well documented by users of the Frontpoint security system that their customer service is simply unbeatable. Whether you are having an issue with your alarm not working or an alarm has gone off and requires assistance, Frontpoint’s staff is always calm and ready to help you handle any situation.
- Tremendous value. Providing value is another area where Frontpoint excels above the competition. They offer free, risk-free quotes to all customers and have affordable monthly monitoring plans depending on your unique needs.
- Home automation capabilities. Very few security systems have the advanced home automation capabilities that you will find with Frontpoint’s system. Whether you want to automate your lights and door locks or your thermostat and appliances, you can do it all with their automated controls.
- Easy-to-install. One of the biggest issues with many security systems is that they are very difficult to install. This can cause some major short and long term issues that sometimes make your security system worthless. Frontpoint’s system is notorious for being incredibly easy-to-install and their customer service is always willing to help you through the process if necessary.
- Sophisticated web and mobile app. The web and mobile app designed for Frontpoint’s security system is extremely easy-to-use and allows you to manage everything from home automation to your cameras.
- 30-day money back guarantee. Frontpoint prides themselves on the fact that they offer a 30-day 100% risk free trial. They provide full refunds to homeowners that are not satisfied with their purchase and will even cover the shipping costs on both the initial order and returns.
What the Customers’ Say
Most of the reviews from past and current customers are extremely positive. Users reiterate the fact that they deliver tremendous customer service. One of the few complaints about their services is that their monthly monitoring costs are a bit higher than most would like. They do, however, offer different options and are usually willing to negotiate with users that have had their service for multiple years.
At the end of the day, it is tough to beat the wide array of benefits that Frontpoint offers their customers. They have been ranked among the best in the home security industry for quite some time now and, with their 97% customer satisfaction rating, that does not seem to be changing anytime soon.back to menu ↑
LiveWatch comes in at number two on this list due to the fact that they offer low-commitment plans and no cancellation fees. They also have much lower monthly monitoring costs than most others that you will find in the industry and generally provide solid customer service.
Here are some of the main pros and cons associated with LiveWatch’s home security system:
- Affordable monthly monitoring fees
- Solid customer service
- Very low commitment plans
- Fast incident response times
- Dedicated security specialists
- Some inconsistencies with customer service
- Self-installation can be difficult for non tech savvy users
- Maintenance can be a bit tricky
Reasons for Being #2
- Affordable monthly monitoring fees. LiveWatch actually offers monthly monitoring fees for as low as $19.95/month. Companies like Frontpoint, on the other hand, have monitoring fees that start at around $30/month and can be as much as $50/month.
- Solid customer service. While they cannot boast the level of customer service that Frontpoint does, most customers have been very happy with the overall helpfulness of the sales and tech staff, as well as the professionalism of the individuals at the monitoring station.
- Very low commitment plans. One of the main perks of LiveWatch is that they only require you to sign a year contract and even have a no cancellation fee policy. In contrast, most other security companies will make you sign a 3-year contract.
- Fast incident response times. LiveWatch’s security system actually has a unique ASAPer setting that simultaneously reaches out to all of the people on your emergency contact list. This enables LiveWatch to respond much faster to incidents than most.
- Dedicated security specialists. While all three of the security companies on this list have dedicated security specialists, it is an important point to note when combined with the low fees associated with LiveWatch.
What the Customers’ Say
As with Frontpoint, most of the customer reviews for LiveWatch are favorable. One of the few issues that users have had with LiveWatch has to do with them having some inconsistencies with their customer service. It seems as if communication between the sales and tech staff is not where it should be and causes frequent issues.
Overall, LiveWatch is an affordable and reliable security system that can get the job done for any homeowner. With its low commitment plans, it is a great low risk option for homeowners that are not yet sure what type of security system is right for them.back to menu ↑
Protect America’s security system has a lot of similarities to what Frontpoint provides. Along with the easy self-installation and strong customer service, they also offer a lifetime warranty on their equipment and very affordable monthly monitoring rates.
Here is a look at some of the main pros and cons associated with Protect America’s security system:
- Lifetime warranty on all equipment
- Strong customer service
- Low monthly monitoring fees
- Consistent issues with the mobile app
- Do not offer the typical risk-free trial
Reasons for Being #3
- Lifetime warranty on all equipment. One of the main advantages of going with Protect America is that they offer a lifetime warranty for all of their products and equipment. You should be aware, however, that there are monthly testing requirements that need to be met to be eligible for this warranty.
- Easy-to-install. Like the Frontpoint security system, Protect America’s system is fairly easy-to-install. Even non tech savvy homeowners have raved about how quickly they have been able to install their new system without issue.
- Strong customer service. Protect America is one of the few security companies out there that is able to compete with Frontpoint when it comes to customer service. Not only are they very helpful, but they are also known for being very proactive about any feedback.
- Low monthly monitoring fees. The monthly monitoring fees for Protect America are along the same lines as what you will receive from LiveWatch. The major difference, however, is that fact that Protect America forces you to sign on for a 36-month contract.
What Customers’ Say
While most customers have been very happy with the quality of services provided by Protect America, there are quite a few that have been extremely upset about issues with canceling their services. It seems to be clear that they force you to go through a fairly extensive and stressful process when canceling your contract. There are also the fact that they have no free trial periods as most other companies.
If you understand what you are getting into and that a long term commitment is required, Protect America offers a great home security solution for homeowners. Their prices are affordable and they have a strong customer service team, making them a reliable option that can be had at a great value as well.
The Final Word
Hopefully, this short guide has served you well to educate you on the benefits and disadvantages of the best and most affordable home security systems available today. You can find out more about each security system and company by checking out their individual reviews.
back to menu ↑